The Intent of This Blog

This blog is intended to be a tool for the growth of whoever wants to use it. It is a daily journal intended to help us be more introspective. Every day I will do my best to supply a motivational quote, a Bible verse, a vocabulary word, and a personal message from myself. Use these if you like as motivation to improve yourself. Then, simply answer the daily questions provided honestly and see if it has an impact on your life. Zig Ziglar said, "If you don't have daily objectives, you qualify as a dreamer." Lets not be just dreamers but doers. Remember Martin Luther King Jr not only had a dream, he also had an objective. Thanks for reading, Jake

Follow DSGJ By Email Here

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ability and Purpose

“For me, ultra running is 90 percent mental, and the other 10 percent is mental.”  Ray Zahab
The God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless.  He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure in the heights.  He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.  Psalm 18:32-34
Fortitude:  “courage in pain or adversity”  New Oxford American Dictionary
“I have no clue how I do it, I’m not a great athlete, I was a smoker and a drinker.”  But guess what?  That doesn’t matter to Ray, he does it anyway.  So on the first of november 2006, along with Charlie and Kevin, he set out to run across the Sahara desert.  They began in St. Louis, Senegal with their feet in the Atlantic Ocean and finished in Egypt with their hands in the Red Sea.  It took 111 consecutive days of running to span the distance of the Sahara.  They ran for over 4300 miles, the equivalent of 170 marathons without ever taking a day off.  That’s what they did with their bodies and with their minds.  With their inspiration they were on a quest to do something much more difficult.  They were on a quest to change the world.  By running across the Sahara, Ray, Charlie, and Kevin inspired many to do something more than live their own life,  they have inspired many to make the lives of others better.  God has blessed us with abilities most of us leave untapped.  Those abilities, when coupled with His purpose can conquer the world.  Countless Africans have access to clean water today, not because Ray Zahab decided to donate a few dollars to a charitable organization, not because Charlie Engle decided to investigate the problems of the African continent, not because Kevin Lin wanted to help the worlds poor.  No, countless Africans have clean water today because these three men decided to run.  What ability do you and I have to make a difference?
Daily Journaling Questions:
  1. How did I help someone today?
  2. What act of kindness did I perform today?
  3. What did I learn today?
  4. Who did I love today?
  5. What about today do I want to remember forever?
  6. What are my goals for tomorrow?
Thank you for reading.  You mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment